Wednesday, March 30, 2011

neglecting shakespeare.

Last night I failed to post a blog on Shakespeare. Rather than fulfilling my student obligations, I chose to see/hear Michael Ondaatje read at the Salt Lake City Library. Although this was completely unrelated to Shakespeare, I do feel like it aided in my life-long learning, and I dragged my husband with me, and although he has never read Ondaatje's work, last night prompted him to do so. I plan on buying him Anna's Shadow, from which Ondaatje read from, and I know my hubs will absolutely love it.
Anyway, once again, although I don't feel like Ondaatje and Shakespeare have much in common other than being beautiful poets and writers, I think that what I've learned from this class, as far as social learning and life-long learning go, I was able to implement those techniques into an event that turned out to mean more to just me, as I initially thought my husband would think it was a bore, but because I shared a social learning event with my husband, he is expanding his interests in literature beyond the Beats, and was able to really enjoy the experience. And being able to share an author that I admire and respect with my husband was a wonderful experience in itself.
And maybe, if I keep thinking about it, I will find some common occurrences between these two authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment