Wednesday, March 16, 2011

new directions!

After being inspired by several classmates ( Cara, Jessica, Sarah C.Brooke)  and their ability to come up with a very detailed plan for the rest of the semester, I think I've finally formulated a very basic plan of my own for the next five weeks for Victorian Shakespeare. The only downside to my plan is that I lack a clear thesis, or direction, but what I have figured out will give me a wide range of exactly what was going on with Shakespeare in the Victorian era.

March 17-19
Post on Shakespeare's Victorian Actresses

March 20-26
Focus on the Victorian actor Charles Kean and his Shakespearean work

March 27-April 2
Victorians and Ritualism

April 3-9
Victorians and their painted representations of Shakespeare

April 10-17
Bringing it all together

Anyway, that's the direction I'll be going, unless either I have an epiphany, or someone else has one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment