Sunday, February 27, 2011

sketchy hamlet.

Earlier on in the semester, I started doing sketches of what I was visualizing in my mind while reading Shakespeare plays. Dr. Burton told me I should post my sketches and drawings for any of you who would care to view them!
So, here they are. Tell me what you think, and what you would do differently. I'm also thinking that for the end of the semester I'll do one really detailed watercolor of something Shakespearean, so any ideas you have for that are welcome!

"I have heard / The cock, that is the trumpet to the morn, / Doth with his lofty and shrill-sounding throat / Awake the god of day, and at his warning, /  Whether in sea or fire, in earth or air, / Th'extravagant and erring spirit hies / To his confine"
Horatio. Act 1, Scene 1

"O wretched state, O bosom black as death, / O limed soul that, struggling to be free, / Art more engaged!
 Help, angels! Make assay. / Bow, stubborn knees, and hear with strings of steel, /
Be soft as sinews of the newborn babe! / All may be well."
King. Scene 3, Act 3.
"See what a grace was seated on his brow: / Hyperion's curls, the front of Jove himself, / An eye like Mars to threaten and command, / A station like the herald Mercury / New-lighted on a heaven-kissing hill-- / A combination and a form indeed /  Where every god did seem to set his seal / To give the world assurance of a man."
Hamlet. Act 3, Scene 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment